BATTLE FOR THE CAPITAL DETAILS
The Battle for the Capital seeks to use the energy and excitement that surrounds the A-10 men’s crosstown basketball rivalry between Virginia Commonwealth University and the University of Richmond to engage alumni and motivate them to show support for their university by making a gift to the Universities.
HOW TO KEEP SCORE
Gifts of $5 or more from alumni to their respective institution made between 12:01 a.m. EST Friday, February 10, 2017 and 12:00 p.m. EST (noon) on Friday, February 17, 2017 will be counted for the Battle for the Capital. Donors can give to the designation of their choice. Alumni spouses living at the same address count as two points even if only one gift is made.
Follow the challenge at BattlefortheCapital.org and share on social media using #RVAB4C and #SpiderPride. Let's beat VCU!
1. The B4C is promoted via email, phone, web and social media by the annual giving and communications officers at each institution. Joint promotion occurs via www.BattleForTheCapital.org.
2. Graphics and messaging are shared and co-branded to ensure that a similar tone, look and feel are projected.
3. Alumni gifts much be received between 12:01 a.m. EST Feb. 10, 2017 and 12:00 p.m. (noon) EST Feb. 17, 2017 (the week leading up to the UR-VCU game at the Robins Center).
HOW TO WIN
1. The overall winner is the university that tallies the most donors by 12:00 p.m. (noon) on February 17.
2. The winning institution will possess the Battle for the Capital cup for the duration of one year until the next year’s battle.